The Emeritus Faculty Council represents retiree interests in many ways. Our members observe the Faculty Senate and Council, the Research Council, FRIC, and committee meetings of Hancher, University Libraries, Recreational Services and Campus Planning. We co-sponsor Senior College, work with our sister organization UIRA, and represent UI retirees at national meetings.
Through this website we provide you with important information on:
- Who we are, what we do, minutes of board meetings and summaries of the committees we observe;
- News that includes key points from our guests and information about our annual Spring meeting;
- Answers to questions about retiree issues and easy links to websites for retirement, health insurance, and other issues;
- Service opportunities both on campus and in the community;
- Easy access links to Hancher’s schedule, hours of museums and more.
Please explore this site and use it often. We ask you to share your interests and concerns through this contact as well. We need to hear from you to better serve.
Connie Berman, President of EFC 2023-2024
See the upcoming meeting schedule and minutes for past meetings.
Learn about upcoming and past lectures by EFC members
Learn about resources and opportunities for retired faculty